HHC is a popular cannabinoid that is derived from hemp and provides euphoric effects similar to THC. HHC vape cartridges allow you to conveniently consume HHC by vaping it. Using and properly maintaining your HHC cartridge will ensure you get the most out of it.
When you first get your HHC vape cartridge, you’ll need to prep it for use by priming it. Priming the coil in the cartridge helps saturate it with vape juice to avoid dry hits. To prime, start by turning the cartridge upside down and giving it a few gentle taps to get the oil moving toward the coil. Then let it sit for 5-10 minutes so the coil gets fully saturated. Attach the cartridge to a compatible 510-thread vape battery. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Start at a low voltage between 3.0-3.5V to avoid burning the oil when you first use it. Slowly increase the voltage to find your preferred setting – many enjoy hhc carts at around 3.3-3.8V.
Once primed and attached to a battery, you start inhaling from the mouthpiece of the cartridge gently. Take slow, steady draws of 2-4 seconds to let the coil gradually vaporize the oil. Take care not to over-hit the cartridge. Overheating the coil causes dry or burnt hits. If you feel the vapor is too hot or the taste is harsh, turn the battery voltage down. Let the vape battery rest for 15-30 seconds between hits to allow the coil to absorb more oil. This will prevent overheating and extend the cartridge’s life.
The ideal vaping temperature for HHC oil is under 400°F – if you draw too fast or use too high voltage, you risk burning the coil. Be careful not to over-tighten the cartridge when connecting it to a battery. Overtightening damages the cartridge’s threading and causes leaking. Simply screw lightly until snug. HHC oil is quite thick, so keeping the cartridge upright is ideal for soaking the coil. Try to avoid laying it on its side when in use or storage.
Maintenance and storage
To make your HHC vape cartridge last, follow these maintenance tips:
- When not in use, store the cartridge upright in a cool, dark place away from heat and sunlight which degrade the oil.
- If the draw resistance increases, gently pull on the mouthpiece (without detaching) to loosen residue around the intake holes.
- To avoid clogging, keep the mouthpiece and connections clean by wiping with a dry cotton swab after use.
- Check the connections regularly for oil buildup and clean them if needed so the current flows smoothly.
- Don’t try to reuse an old cartridge coil once the oil runs out. The coil gets damaged over time and will not wick fresh oil properly.
- When flavor diminishes and vapor volume drops, the cartridge is spent. Replace with a fresh HHC cartridge for best performance.
- Avoid getting the battery terminals wet with oil as this short-circuits the battery. Clean off any oil buildup on the 510 thread.
Proper care will help your HHC vape cartridge last longer. Dispose of spent carts properly for safe battery handling. Keep batteries out of high heat to prevent damage.