When it comes to your ankles, it helps in balancing and stabilizing your body. Besides, ankle disorders can occur due to various reasons and some of them include damage to muscles, bones, etc. Some of the common ankle disorders include arthritis, fractures, and tendonitis.
What are the causes of ankle injuries?
Jumping and running can cause ankle disorders. In simple words, overusing your legs can cause ankle disorders.
Below are some causes of ankle fractures and sprain.
Take a look at them!
- Rotation of your ankle all of a sudden above the normal range.
For ankle problems, you need to see a podiatrist. As there are a good number of podiatrists nowadays, choose a good podiatrist in your location for the treatment. In fact, choosing a good podiatrist from the options available can be a little challenging for most people.
Choose popular podiatrists like Dr. Sima Soltani, if you are looking for the best podiatrist in Irvine. This podiatrist has treated thousands of patients and all of them are pretty satisfied. Most podiatrists recommend stem cell therapy for ankle problems. In fact, it is one of the most effective treatments available.
Ankle Disorders: Symptoms
- Difficulty Walking
Some of the tests that your podiatrist may recommend are
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Computed X-Ray
Your illness and symptoms will determine your course of treatment. Both surgical and non-surgical approaches are available for treatments.
Nonsurgical methods include:
- taking aspirin to minimize swelling.
- ice packs are used to minimize swelling.
- Wearing the compression bandages.
For stem cell therapy for foot injuries, it is important to get your condition analyzed by a good podiatrist. Stem cell therapy may not be a good choice for everyone. Only your podiatrist can tell you, whether you are the right candidate for it or not.
Below are some tips for you to avoid ankle problems.
- Ensure that you don’t put so much pressure on your legs. For example, running and standing for a long time can put pressure on your legs. Hence, it is important to avoid such activities. If you have a habit of walking or running daily, take some breaks in between and relax to avoid ankle problems.
- It is also essential to do warm-up before beginning exercising or playing any sports.
- For the warm-up, you don’t require much time. In fact, it just takes a few minutes to warm up. Stay away from doing bouncy stretches because they can cause harm to your muscles. Instead, take a fast 5 min walk to help your muscles relax. You can also jog for about 2 to 4 mins in the same place to improve the blood circulation in your body.
- Changing your shoes as they begin to wear out is also crucial. Remember, all types of shoes will have a certain lifespan. Wearing too old or worn-out shoes can lead to injuries when playing or doing workouts.
- If you are suffering from severe pain, ensure that you stop running or any other activity which you are doing. It is important to take enough rest to avoid problems such as ankle pain.
Try the stem cell therapy for foot and ankle to get rid of your ankle problem!